IVR 2015 | Call for Papers
The International Association for the Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (IVR) is accepting submissions for individual papers and group sessions (special workshops), to be presented at the
XXVII World Congress this summer in Washington, DC, from 27 July – 1 August 2015. The theme for the meeting is “Law, Reason, and Emotion,” but papers and panels need not be restricted to this theme.
The rules for submitting papers are as follows:
- Abstracts must be in English, French, Spanish, or German and under 400 words.
- There are no specific formatting requirements.
Papers may have more than one author.
- There is no limit to the number of papers per author.
- Special Workshops must be proposed by February 15, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Papers must be submitted by March 15, 2015, to: email@example.com
Confirmed plenary speakers include:
- Prof. Kwame Anthony Appiah (New York University, USA)
- Prof. Ko Hasegawa (Hokkaido University, Japan)
- Prof. Matthias Mahlmann (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Prof. Daniel Mendonca (Universidad Católica, Paraguay)
- Prof. Patricia Mindus (Uppsala Universitet, Sweden)
- Judge András Sajó (European Court of Human Rights)
- Prof. Robin West (Georgetown University Law Center, USA)
You may download here a pdf-version of the call for papers.
UP-COMING IVR CONGRESSES
The following IVR congresses have been planned:
- 2017 → Istanbul, Turkey
- 2019 → Luzern, Switzerland
- 2021 → Seoul, South Korea
- 2013 → Buenos Aires, Argentina
MESSAGE FROM THE ORGANIZERS OF THE IVR'S 27TH WORLD CONGRESS 2015
To all those interested in the philosophy of law and social philosophy,
The XXVIIth IVR World Congress on the Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy will be held in Washington, DC, on July 27-31, 2015, on the topic of “Law, Reason, and Emotion”. All those interested in the World Conference should register as soon as possible to receive discounted rates!
Registration and conference information is now available through the website ivr2015.org.
Those who wish to submit a paper for the conference working groups or propose a special workshop should do so by contacting the World Congress secretariat by email at
I look forward very much to seeing you in Washington!
Regents Professor of the University System of Maryland
President, American branch of the International Association for the Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (IVR)
And Chair, IVR 2015 Organizing Committee
IVR Prize for Young Scholars
Young Scholars, not over 35 years of age*, are cordially invited to write a paper to be presented at the next world congress of the IVR in Washington D.C. (U.S.A.) and published in the ARSP.
Papers submitted for the IVR-Prize shall
- deal with the subjects of the 27th IVR World Congress on “Law, Reason, and Emotion” to be held in Washington D.C., July 25th to 31st, 2015;
- be written in one of the ARSP languages: English, French, German or Spanish;
- not exceed the length of 20 pages including footnotes and bibliography (about 2300 key strokes each page);
- have on its cover page, the title of the paper, the name, affiliation, postal address, e-mail address, member status of the IVR, and the date of birth of the applicant;
- have on all other pages no reference to the applicant´s name or any other information that would indentify the applicant;
- be mailed to the Secretary General of the IVR, Prof. Lorenz Schulz (L.Schulz@jur.uni-Frankfurt.de).
Deadline for submission is January 25th, 2015. Only one submission by each competitor is allowed. The date of birth should be given. To facilitate the assessment of the papers competitors who present their papers in French, German or Spanish are requested to add an English translation. The participation in the IVR-Prize competition does not exclude the paper from being submitted to the Congress (for presentation in the working groups). The papers received will be read by a panel of judges appointed by the Executive Committee of the IVR. The prize winner will be awarded € 1 000 and be given the opportunity to deliver a special "IVR-Prize Lecture" at the Washington World Congress of the IVR. Her/his paper will be published in the ARSP.
* Born on or after 25th January 1980
Taiwan Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (TAPL) joins IVR
|The TAPL was admitted in August 2013 as the latest national section of the IVR. For a presentation of TAPL, please see under Taiwan on the IVR sections page.|
26th IVR WORLD CONGRESS
The 26th IVR World Congress was held in July 2013 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. The website of this world congress is available at http://www.ivr2013.org.